Djokovic Confirms The Most Exclusive Group Chat In Tennis

World No. 1 Novak Djokovic confirmed at the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships the existence of what is the most exclusive group chat in tennis and perhaps all of sports.

Djokovic told Dubai Eye 103.8 Sport in an interview at the ATP 500 event that he is part of a WhatsApp group with the other two members of the Big Three — Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal.

“We are all active and we are not active. When we’re not active, we’re not active. But when we are, everybody responds,” Djokovic said, cracking a laugh. “We get along very well. I think there is a tremendous respect for each other privately and also professionally, so as long as this is the case I think everybody benefits from that, also the sport.”

[ATP APP]

Who wouldn’t want to be part of a group chat like that? There are plenty of tennis and sports fans around the world who would want to know what they are saying.

Recently, Federer and Nadal might have been congratulating Djokovic on his red-hot start to the season. The Serbian has won his first 14 matches of 2020, leading Team Serbia to ATP Cup glory and capturing a record-extending eighth Australian Open title along the way.

Djokovic’s 14-0 start is his best start to a season since 2016 (at 14-0) and if he goes 15-0, it will be his beginning of a campaign since 2013 at 17-0. In 2011, Djokovic won his first 41 matches of the year.

[WATCH LIVE 2]

“I adjust every single season, every single year to the changes that I experience as a person and as a player. I don't believe in such thing as stagnation or comfort zone. I don't think that the comfort zone exists really. You're constantly challenged on every level I think every single day,” Djokovic said after beating Malek Jaziri on Monday in his Dubai opener. “I am continuously trying with my team to come up with different ways of training, approaching things like recovery or mental training, emotional training. I think a combination of all these different elements gives you the formula for success.

“Obviously hasn't worked always perfectly, but I understand and I accept that I'm flawed as everybody else. I think being conscious of that, trying to work on yourself… the internal work is the biggest work you possibly could do.

“Of course, I still spend a lot of time on the court, in the gym. You have to. There's certain things you have to do obviously physically, but you can do a lot of things mentally, emotionally, which allow you to be in that flow state, allow you to be in your peak performance every single match.”

Djokovic will next face German Philipp Kohlschreiber, who defeated him at Indian Wells last year.



from Tennis - ATP World Tour https://ift.tt/2SVQErQ

No comments

Theme images by Jason Morrow. Powered by Blogger.